End-of-support (EOS) for Windows Server 2008/R2 is a critical event that, if left unaddressed, puts an organization at much higher risk for security breaches. Unfortunately, most organizations don’t align their internal application lifecycle schedules to the EOS schedules maintained by software vendors like Microsoft, and therein lies the problem. How do you migrate applications running on Windows Server 2008/R2 to a supported OS without disrupting current business or projects. Wherever you are in your migration efforts for Windows Server 2008/R2, Chef can help you get there faster and improve the long-term manageability of the applications.
Core benefits of Chef’s automated approach include:
• Avoid Costs – No expensive extended support contracts
• Accelerate Cloud Migrations – Decrease cloud migration times by 30% or more
• Scale Continuous Delivery – Build once and deploy on-demand anywhere
• Lower Operational Overhead – Eliminate 1,000s of hours of manual work
• Mitigate Risks – Ensure systems are current and compliant
• Increase Application ROI – Deliver features and updates up to 80% faster