10 “must-know” changes to ensure a seamless transition
SAP has announced that they will no longer support ECC ERP systems beginning in 2025 and from that date, will only offer and support SAP S/4HANA ERP systems. In the ensuing years, the majority of companies will need to migrate from their soon-to-be-obsolete ECC systems to S/4HANA, and this includes transitioning their finance operations. Successful migration of finance from one to the other requires careful planning, a clear understanding of the journey your data takes before, during, and after migration and knowledge of the tools and resources that are available from SAP and other vendors that can make your transition from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA easier.
This paper is intended to provide a transition team with an idea of the scope of the migration task and highlights some areas where we have seen customers and clients struggle during the process. In it, we help identify areas that might need extra attention, including:
- Some of the critical preparation tasks that need to be considered and planned for around data cleansing and archiving.
- Highlights of preparing financial master data and some of the changes you will need to make throughout the migration.
- Key considerations when preparing to implement Universal Journal (ACDOCA)
- What the mandatory implementation of Material Ledger in SAP S/4HANA means for your business and how to prepare for it whether you have implemented it in SAP ECC or are waiting until you move to SAP S/4HANA.
- The changes that are coming in CO-PA and how it will affect your accounting and reporting.