Many organizations think that Microsoft OneDrive, an electronic file sync and share (EFSS) tool, provides “good enough” backup and restore capabilities for their enterprise data. But it’s a risky misconception.
OneDrive is purpose-built for EFSS, just as third-party data protection solutions are purpose-built, from the ground up, to reliably protect all the data on a user’s endpoint device.
Relying on OneDrive for data protection can expose your organization to substantial risks:
- Jeopardy from employee turnover and insider threats
- Threat of device loss, theft, and corruption
- Uncertainty of accidentally losing intellectual property
- Vulnerability to ransomware — and other malware
- Liability of inadequate legal hold, eDiscovery and, regulation compliance
For data protection in OneDrive environments, a third-party, enterprise grade solution is essential.